ABC debuts long-awaited comedy

ABC will add a new sitcom series titled "Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23" to its midseason schedule on April 11.

The new series, which stars Dreama Walker, Krysten Ritter and James VanDer Beek, focuses on the lives of two polar opposite women living in a single apartment in New York.

Chloe, played by Ritter, is a party girl with practically no morals. Her roommate June, played by Walker, is a na??ve small-town girl who has just moved to the city and is working as a barista after losing a high-profile job. June thinks she has found the perfect roommate in Chloe - until they finally move in together. Chloe shows her true colors by sleeping with June'sfianc?© and spending June's rent money on things for herself.

But despite all of the horrible things Chloe does, there is some hidden good in her character. Although she has a weird way of showing it, she would do anything for her friends.

James Van Der Beek plays a fictional version of himself who is best friends with Chloe. His character pokes fun at his real life and career, particularly his role as Dawson in "Dawson's Creek."

"I saw a commercial and thought it looked re­ally funny," junior JenniferBitetto said. "I look forward to it starting!"

The show was originally developed by Fox in 2009, but was dropped from their fall lineup. ABC picked up the series in early 2011.

Over the past three years, the name of the se­ries has been altered multiple times. Fox initially had the expletive in its title, ABC shortened the name and left just the "B."

The pilot episode of "Apartment 23" was hon­ored by the Critic's Choice Television Awards as one of the Most Exciting New Series in 2011.

"Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23" will air on ABC Wednesdays at 9p.m.

Kristyn Lyncheski can be reached at kristyn.lyncheski@student.shu.edu.