Spend less in South Orange

Nails:

Ladies (and gents) feel free to pamper your­self with manicures for $8 at First Class Nails and Spa. The nail salon, which opened in February, is offering discounted prices as an opening sale, and to stay competitive with the countless other nail salons around South Orange. Currently, everyone receives 20 percent off any service and, to sweeten the deal even more, students will always get the discount if they present a student ID.

Pizza:

Village Pizzeria is the closest pizza place to campus located just outside the gates at 319 South Orange Ave by Cluck U. On Tuesdays, a large, plain pizza can be picked up for a mere $6.75. Coffee: Students can grab coffee to go at the Blue Plate Special for $1. Law coffee is purchased locally in Newark, and caffeine addicts can pour their own cup, add syrup for flavor and cream and sugar to taste. While at the convenient location on the corner of Ward and Irvington (just steps outside of the campus gates) be sure to check out their exciting menu options. Sushi: Harusame on Academy St. offers one of the best deals in town for sushi. For $23.99, you can get unlimited rolls, hand rolls and appetizers, served with soup and salad. While the price may seem a bit high, con­sidering that typically one roll runs around $7 or $8, the deal can save you a lot if you go with an appetite. Burgers: Stony’s, the popular burger place across from Starbucks, offers a buy one get one special on Wednesdays for SHU students. Just show your ID and you can get two burgers for the price of one. The deal also includes other menu items such as chicken sandwiches and veggie burgers. Individual students are also eligible for the deal-it works on French fries too!