Thank SHU for bringing Dunkin' to Walsh

The University's recent announcement that a Dunkin' Donuts would be placed in the Walsh Li­brary already has the community buzzing with ex­citement.

It is, without a doubt, exciting that Seton Hall is bringing a major vendor to campus that will not be served by Gourmet Dining Services. So far, the food options on campus are completely served by GDS, with the exception of vending machines. While GDS does a great job providing services to students, an outside vendor brings a new variety to the table that never existed before.

Yes, the Cove brews Starbucks coffee, but this Dunkin' Donuts is said to feature actual Dunkin' Donuts products, and will presumably employ ac­tual Dunkin' Donuts employees. It will be placed in a location on campus that is accessible to all, particularly the loyal residents of the library, and will certainly boost the overall environment of the library. Now, while enduring the torture that is fi­nals week, students and faculty can unwind with study guides and coffee.

When this Dunkin' Donuts actually opens in the library, it will be the first national franchise on the campus of Seton Hall University. While The Se­tonian has previously reported that organizations such as the Student Government Association has, in the past, attempted to work with Dean Greico of the library to bring this kind of service to the library, it is refreshing to see that something is ac­tually being done, regardless of who spearheaded the initiative.

The Setonian applauds the University for taking a step in the right direction, bringing a national franchise to campus. We look forward to seeing the final product, and the reaction from students.