Sophomore summer course discount confirmed

Seton Hall is promoting two summer deals for students,"Work on your degree and live rent free" and the "take two" spe­cial.

The take two promotion allows students who need to fulfill their Christi­anity and Culture in Dialogue re­quirement to take the class, as well as one other three-credit summer course and to receive a 50 percent discount.

The other promotion allows students who register for summer classes to live on-campus free of charge.

To get the half price promotion, students must register for classes on PirateNet and the discount, an estimated $1500, will be reflected in the bill afterwards. Students must have completed Journey of Transformation to be eligible, ac­cording to Student Government Association Vice President Brian Fucci.

Additionally, any student who takes six or more credits during Summer Session 1 as well as one or more credits in Summer Ses­sion 2 will receive free housing for the summer.

Neither promotion is specific to sophomores, according to Jesse Beutell, a graduate assistant who worked on the promotions. Beutell added that both these promotions could be combined.

The core class, Christianity and Culture and Dialogue, is most frequently taken by sophomores, however.

Sophomore economics major Bo Gilliam said he thinks the program can be effective, but offered some suggestions.

"Personally, I think it's a good idea, but a lot of people can't do it because they work in the summer, or don't live close enough to com­mute," Gillam said. "I would have considered trying it but they ad­vertised the promotion too late. I wish I had known about it sooner."

Along with Gillam, Fernandez said the promotion should have been presented to students earlier, and offers a suggestion for future offers.

"If I had known about it earlier I would have scheduled my classes around it," Fernandez said. "If they are going to promote this for sophomores during the summer they should have a similar promo­tion during the year for students with high GPAs."

Pre-registration for summer began Monday and continues through Friday. Regular registra­tion will re-open again on April 25.

Rawan Eewshah can be reached at rawan.eewshah@student.shu.

Editor's Note: This story has been corrected to reflect the fact that these two promotions offered by Seton Hall are separate promotions, though they can be used together. Additionally, this report now states that the promotion is not limited to sophomores. The original story incorrectly reported that these two promotions were part of one package and that they were only available to sophomores. The Setonian apologizes for this error.