Seton Hall makes NCAA Tournament for first time since 2006

Seton Hall is dancing for the first time in five years.

The Pirates earned their ninth bid into the NCAA Tournament in program history and enter as a No. XX seed in the tournament and will face No. XX seed in the first/second round on XXXXXXXX.

The Hall finished the season with a 20-12 record despite losing three of their final four regular season games, including losses to Rutgers and DePaul to end the season. In the Big East Championship the Pirates defeated Providence in the first round before losing to eventual tournament champion Louisville, 61-55 in the second round.

The last time the Hall made the tournament was in 2006. The Pirates were a No. 10 seed but eliminated in the first round by No. 7 Wichita State, 86-66. Over the past five seasons the closest the Pirates got to the Tournament was in 2009 when the team was also on the bubble but made the National Invitational Tournament.

Earlier this season the Pirates entered the AP Top 25 rankings for the first time since 2001 before getting knocked out the following week.

Seniors Jordan Theodore and Herb Pope lead the team with 16 and 15.2 points per game respectively. Theodore also leads the team with 6.7 assists per game while Pope pulls down a team high 10.3 rebounds a game. Sophomore Fuquan Edwin is second in the nation with 2.9 steals and has also 6.3 rebounds per game.

The Pirates begin play XXXXXXX with tip-off scheduled for X p.m.

Stephen Valenti can be reached at Stephen.valenti@student.shu.edu