Half-price sophomore core class available this summer

As part of a new initiative, sophomores can take two classes over the summer and get one of those two classes for half the price as long as one is Christianity and Culture in Dialogue, according to Brian Fucci, Student Government Association vice president.

Former Vice President of SGA Jesse Buetell, a current graduate assistant, is working on the sophomore summer initiative, according to President Derel Stroud.

"They will be working the courses to make it better and easier for students to take summer courses here," Stroud said.

According to Fuccit, he program will help sophomores who need to take Christianity and Culture in Dialogue.

The program for sophomores is confirmed and will take place this summer, according to Fucci.

"Students do not want to take classes over the summer because they are too expensive so the idea is to try and lower costs and give discounts so more people can be here over the summer," Fucci said.

SGA also discussed the town hall meeting scheduled to take place at 8:30 p.m. in the Living Room, according to Speaker Elizabeth Dudley.

"Everyone is going to do a quick introduction of the senators and then we're going to do a scavenger hunt," Dudley said.

The scavenger hunt will consist of senators wearing pirate hats scattered around the University Center and the Green. The senators will ask questions and the first three students to find five senators and come back with the correct answers will win a prize, according to Dudley.

The prizes will be a Kindle Fire, Ipod Touch and Pirate Gold, Dudley said.

SGA also discussed the Kick Off to the Safe Spring Break event.

According to Stroud, the event will be a block party with student run tables that will take place from 3:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. on March 5 in the Main Lounge. The top student run table will win a prize worth $500.

"Go be the loudest and best student table," Stroud said..

Kelly Carroll can be reached at kelly.carroll@student.shu.edu.