Coming soon: Album and movie releases

Film Title: "Gone"

Starring: Amanda Seyfried

Release Date: Feb. 24

Amanda Seyfried is best known for her her roles in light-hearted movies like "Mean Girls" and "Mamma Mia!" but has recently taken a turn to prove herself as a more serious actress. With the disasterous "In Time"--in which she starred alongside Justin Timberlake-- as the most recent movie under her belt, "Gone" will prove whether Seyfried has the chops to take on high-intensity roles.

Film Title: "Thin Ice"

Starring: Alan Arkin, Billy Crudup

Release Date: Feb. 28

Greg Kinnear stars as a conniving insurance agent who in turn is blackmailed by a deranged locksmith. Set against the snow-covered backwoods of Wisconsin, the film's quirky, dark comedic tones could prove to make a surprise hit for Kinnear. Keep an eye out for a hilarious turn by Oscar winner Alan Arkin, as a senile man who is scammed out of his valuable old violin.

Album Title: "Some Nights"

Artist: fun.

Release Date: Feb. 21

Despite their unusual name, fun. is one of the bands to watch for 2012. While their first album, 2010's "Aim and Ignite," identifies their signature theatrical indie-pop style, it is their follow-up that will prove if the band has staying power. Hopefully, they remain as "fun" as their name suggests.

Album Title: "All of Me"

Artist: Estelle

Release Date: Feb. 28

The first album in four years from this London-born rapper-singer will have to remind audiences exactly what makes Estelle special. Expect more catchy tunes and English charm from this "American Boy" artist.