Seton Hall junior makes modeling debut

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a model in our midst.

Junior Kim Cichon will walk as a runway model for the fashion marketing company Plitzs' spring fashion show in New York City, which is being staged Feb. 10-11. The show will coincide with the annual New York Fashion Week.

"Basically this type of show allows fashion designers to display their latest collections in runway shows," Cichon said "The models were chosen by some of these designers to walk based on how they looked and if they liked your walk."

A New Jersey native, Cichon is a member of the Alpha Phi sorority with a major in occupational therapy and a minor in psychology. When she graduates, she said she wants to work in a hospital while she models on the side.

Cichon decided as a child to get into modeling and performing.

"Through activities such as dance and cheerleading, I have been able to experience a glimpse of spotlight," she said. Cichon said she knows that many aspiring models look to other high-fashion models as role models, but she tried to style her career after her older brother, Matt.

"My brother was definitely my inspiration to pursue a career in modeling," Cichon explained. "He is a graduate of the Tisch School at New York University with a BFA in dance. Besides that he has also pursued a career in acting and modeling. He was in several commercials, ads, and played a small part in the Bruce Willis movie ‘Unbreakable.' He is an all-around talented person that I aspire to be like."

Cichon auditioned for Plitzs in early January after seeing a casting call for girls to be featured as models in their showcase. Cichon was chosen as one of the girls to walk in the Plitzs showcase, which includes fledgling designers such as Ann Mitchell and Unsung Productions. Plitzs hosts the annual fashion show for these designers to give them a place to present their collections.

Cichon is currently signed with One Source Talent Agency.

"I'm so excited for my first premiere in Fashion Week," Cichon said. "This is my first real runway show so I am a little nervous. Luckily, Plitzs had some runway modeling classes I could take before the show so I would be well prepared and know exactly how to walk."

Cichon's goal, once Fashion Week is over, is to expand her portfolio and make her ultimate dreams come true: become a top model.

"My goals for after the show to go to more casting calls and auditions and hopefully get signed to a major modeling agency, like Ford, Elite or Trump," she said.

Jazzmyne Morrison can be reached at jazzmyne.morrison@student.shu.edu.