Department of Athletics announces Hall of Fame inductees for 2012

The Seton Hall University Department of Athletics announced its plans to honor the six inductees of its Athletics Hall of Fame Class of 2012 on Tuesday in a ceremony set for June 11 at the Fairmount Country Club in Chatham, N.J.

The sinductees are Michael Costigan, men's golf; Noelle Graham, women's track and field; Shaheen Holloway, men's basketball; Sacha Kljestan, men's soccer; George Ramos Curvy, baseball; and Al Frungillo, Pirate Blue supporter and honorary inductee.

Costigan, the first golfer in school history to win the Big East Championship, is noted for his impressive four-year stint at the Hall. He was named Seton Hall University Athlete of the Year in 1999 and helped the Pirates to a program-best 17th-place finish at the 1999 NCAA Regional.

Graham finished her career a five-time women's track and field All-American. A nine-time Big East champion, Graham also competed for Jamaica at the 2000 Junior World Championships in Chile, helping her team win the 4x100 relay.

Seton Hall first's African-American All-American athlete, Ramos helped Seton Hall reach back-to-back College World Series appearances in 1974 and 1975. In 1977, he was named the New Jersey Baseball Writer's Association Player of the Year and his .372 lifetime batting average places him fourth in program history.

Holloway, the current associate head coach of the men's basketball team, is the Hall's all-time leader in assists with 681, ranks third with 437 steals, and is 12th in scoring with 1,588 points.

In his senior year, Holloway led the No. 10 seeded Pirates to the Sweet Sixteen at the 2000 NCAA Tournament where he hit hit a buzzer-beating layup to defeat Oregon in the first round and helped upset No. 2 Temple in the second round.

In his freshman year, Holloway was named to the 1997 Big East All-Rookie team and was the Big East's Most Improved Player in 2000.

Kljestan led Seton Hall's soccer program to three straight NCAA Tournament appearances from 2003 to 2005. A First-Team All-American in 2004, Kljestan was eventually drafted fifth overall in the 2006 Major League Soccer Super Draft.

He has made 34 apperances for the U.S. National Team, including the 2008 U.S. Olympics and 2010 World Cup qualifiers.

Kljestan currently plays for Anderlecht, a club in the Jupiler Pro League in Belgium.

Frungillo, the founder of Gourmet Dining Services, will be an honorary inductee as a long-time donator and supporter to Pirate Blue since 1989. Frungillo's funds have contributed to on-campus renovations and funds such as the Boland Hall Memorial Fund.

The induction ceremony will include a golf outing during the day, a cocktail reception in the evening, and the enshrinement dinner afterward.

John Lopiano can be reached at john.lopiano@student.shu.edu.