Seton Hall extends winning streak to seven games

The Seton Hall men's basketball team earned their first true, road victory of the season on Wednesday night and extended their winning streak to seven games, defeating the Dayton Flyers 69-64.

The Pirates are now 10-1 on the season, giving them their best start since the 1992-93 season.

Dayton drops to 8-4 with the loss.

Seton Hall was led by sophomore forward Patrik Auda who finished with a career-high 18 points, three rebounds, three blocks, and two assists.

According to senior forward Herb Pope, the team's performance was due in large part to senior guard Jordan Theodore's ability to spread the ball.

"He's our general out there on the court," Pope said. "He steps up and distributes and gets guys in the right position to produce."

Theodore finished with 14 points, eight assists, and four rebounds in the victory. His eight assists give him 77 total assists on the season, placing him seventh in the nation and first in the Big East.

Pope also had a productive night, finishing with 14 points and nine rebounds, leaving him just one rebound short of what would have been his ninth double-double of the season.

Dayton received strong play from senior forward Chris Johnson who dropped 16 points and four rebounds. Junior center Josh Benson added 14 points, nine rebounds, and three blocks for the Flyers.

The Hall claimed control of the game early, hitting four of their first five 3-pointers attempted. The team shot a scorching 58.3 percent from the field in the first half, including 71.4% from beyond the arc.

Seton Hall shot 54 percent from the field on the night, their highest percentage in a game this season. The Hall is 16-for-32 from 3-point range in their last two games.

Dayton head coach Archie Miller had nothing but positive things to say about the Pirates after his team's loss.

"I felt they came in here and were really poised for playing their first road game," Miller said. "I thought guys that were producing for them on a game-in, game-out basis came in and did the same thing they've been able to do in the first [10 games]. They're a good team and they're going to have a good season."

The Pirates are back in action on Friday when they head to Virginia for a road matchup with the Longwood Lancers, with top-off set for 7 p.m.

Assistant Managing Editor, Tim Lecras contributed to this article.