Seton Hall appoints Dr. Tracy Gottlieb VP of Student Services

Dr. Tracy Gottlieb can now add the title VP of Student Services to the long list of positions she has held at Seton Hall University.

The University announced the appointment of Gottlieb this afternoon as the new vice president of Student Services through a broadcast e-mail from the Office of the Provost and Executive Vice President, Dr. Larry A. Robinson.

According to the e-mail, Gottlieb will continue to supervise Special Academic Programs, which includes Freshman Studies, the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP), ROTC, Academic Support for Student Athletes and the federal TRIO program, in addition to the responsibilities of her new position.

Gottlieb, who previously served as the University's Associate Provost and Dean of Freshman Studies and Special Academic Programs, will be replacing the current vice president for Student Affairs, Dr. Laura Wankel.

Wankel accepted the position of vice president for Student Affairs at Northeastern University in Boston earlier this month, according to a broadcast email that was sent out on Dec. 9.

A graduate of Seton Hall, Gottlieb first started working at the University as a professor in the Communication Department in 1988, according to the e-mail. She then became faculty advisor for The Setonian and was later appointed dean of Freshman Studies.

Nicholas Parco can be reached at nicholas.parco@student.shu.edu. Follow him on twitter @nick_parco

Caitlin Carroll can be reached at caitlin.caroll@student.shu.edu. Follow her on Twitter @CaitiGirl.