Webster Hall is a fun night out

While going to frat parties on a Thursday night is one way to take the load off of academic stress, night clubs are sometimes a better way to hang out with friends and mingle with new people. Webster Hall in New York City is one of many night clubs located right in the middle of downtown. As a sponsor to radio stations like Z-100, Webster Hall is one of the oldest and most popular night clubs in New York City, offering package deals for birthday, bachelor and bachelorette parties, as well as corporate VIP dinners.

Yet, Webster Hall is more than just a dance club for adults. Although the club has nights for young people ages 19 and over, bringing an ID (either passport or driver's license) if you are over 21 is a necessity to gain access to the bar.

Apart from the strict guidelines and zero tolerance for people under the influence, Webster Hall has various dance options to choose from. With four dance floors, DJ corners and a concert series featuring the latest up and coming artists, this particular club stands out as the most influential go-to place for college students and young adults.

Weekend events include "Girls Night Out" where women either pay $10 from its original $35 admittance or enter for free and "Circus Saturday" in which guest must dress "neat and tidy" to enter. This event features trapeze performers, snake charmers, fire breathers and Go Go Girls. "Girls & Boys" Nights on Fridays are particularly popular because of the hosting artists like Digitalism who perform as part of their tours.

For the next upcoming events in December, night club patrons can enjoy the New Year's Eve Ball as they countdown to celebrate Webster Hall's 126 years of non-stop fun in New York City.

One of the best aspects of Webster Hall is its ambience and all-round welcoming atmosphere. It is the perfect place to hang out with friends, relax with colleagues or form new relationships with other party-goers. Even though ticket prices are a bit expensive, Webster Hall is selling young adults a classy, elegant and safe environment without the uncertainty of regular fraternity and dorm parties. If a touch of luxury is what you are looking for than Webster Hall is the place to go.

Katia Diaz can be reached at katia.diazo@student.shu.edu.