Fall Fashion Trends

While winter may seem like it is still far away, there is no denying the chill in the air. It may be tempting to grab your favorite oversized hoodie and call it a day, but there are tons of ways to stay warm and cozy while still looking your best. These new fool-proof fashion trends will get you through late fall and winter in style.

1. Shorts and Tights- Hopefully, you haven't put those shorts in storage for winter. When properly accessorized, these summer necessities can be worn though any season. Pair dark-wash denim with thick, funky tights to add a unique flare to your wardrobe and escape the all-too-easy to fall into pattern of jeans every day. To really embrace the look, pair tweed or corduroy shorts with tights to give it even more of a winter flair.

2. Infinity Scarves- The idea of a scarf is hardly anything revolutionary, but it is the new infinity scarf that is turning heads this season. With no beginning or end, the scarf is really just a long loop of fabric. It is a nice deviation from your every day scarf and less of a hassle than having to deal with the ends. An added bonus: if you are cold you can drape the scarf in multiple ways—like around your head—to keep the chills away.

3. Slouchy Military boots- Lace-up military style boots really became popular last year. This year, try a pair that folds down over the laces. They are super comfortable so you get the cozy feeling you want when you're cold and a lot of them are even lined with flannel so you stay extra warm.

4. Boot socks- An easy way to accessorize a cold weather staple—boots—is to pair them with high socks. Put them over your skinny jeans so they peek out from the top of the boot. It gives some visual interest, and you are sure to stay warm, even in the dead of winter.

Alyana Alfaro can be reached at alyana.alfaro@student.shu.edu.