Men cross country records best result

The Seton Hall Cross-Country teams had their best meets of the season this past Friday at the Towson Invitational in Maryland.

The men's team finished third out of eight teams and the women's team finished sixth out of 10 teams.

The men, were led by junior Jared Hanko, who finished 13th overall in the 8K race with a time of 27:08.97.

The women were led by freshman Mary Migton, who finished 4th overall in the 5K for her first top-5 finish in her career as a Pirate in 19:19.05.

Sophomore Carl Johnston placed 28th for the men with a time of 28:47.61. Senior Andrew O'Leary recorded his best time of the season with a 29:04.22 to claim 32nd place.

The rest of the men's side followed close behind for the Hall, with sophomore Cory Hellwig and freshman Tyler Orner finishing 11 seconds apart to claim 34th and 35th place, respectively.

A pair of juniors, Erik Chester and Tony Cramond, finished 38th and 40th to complete the Seton Hall scoring.

For the women's team, sophomore Nyala Eddings finished second on the team good enough for 29th overall with a time of 21:28.13, while junior Christina Chafos placed 48th.

They were followed in the Pirates' scorebook by junior Marigot Lustyk and freshman Louisa Ozimek, who cracked the scoring for the first time in their Seton Hall careers. They finished just 3 seconds apart, placing 58th and 59th, respectively.

Freshman Kristen May crossed the line in 61st place and sophomore Sophia Fils- Aime finished in 71st place.

The men's race was won by the Navy's freshman Ryan Kelly with a time of 26:00.26.

The Midshipmen also won the team event with all scoring runners finishing in the top 10.

On the women's side Mississippi's senior Logan Waites won the race with a time of 21:08.03. Mississippi also won the team event taking the first six positions and their final scoring runner placing 12th in the event.

The cross country team will be in action again on Friday, October 7th when the Pirates participate in the Metropolitan Championship at Van Cortlandt Park in the Bronx.

Jason Guerette can be reached at jason.guerette@student.shu.edu