Willard and staff give fans hope for future recruits

Until Monday night, Seton Hall was considered a front runner, if not the top prospective school, to recruit Kyle Anderson, a top 5 high school basketball recruit out of New Jersey. In the final hours of the process, Anderson chose UCLA over SHU, causing widespread frustration within the University community.

However, The Setonian would like to commend Kevin Willard and the Seton Hall basketball program for remaining in the competition, among some of the strongest schools in the country.

In his second season as head coach, Kevin Willard has few shining accomplishments on his resume, but has all the signs of a promising future, none stronger than his ability to charm the projected No. 2 player in the country so that he seriously considered becoming a pirate. While the result of Anderson's recruitment did not end in the fairy tale that Seton Hall basketball fans were desperately hoping for, Willard has shown that Seton Hall can do it, even up until the final hours.

With a tumultuous two seasons behind it, Seton Hall basketball has every reason to improve, and with Willard at the helm there is hope. If Kyle Anderson's brief affair with Seton Hall showed anyone anything, it is that Seton Hall should not be discounted, nor should Kevin Willard. More than ever, it has shown us that we have a basketball coach who knows what he is doing, and he will continue to attempt to recruit high-profile players who can be program changers. Willard, without a doubt, has ambitious plans for Seton Hall basketball.