Men look to pound Terriers on road

The Seton Hall men's soccer team will look to take advantage of their victory over Army as they prepare for their next two games against the Boston Terriers and St. Peter's Peacocks.

The Pirates head into their upcoming games with a 1-1-1 record and snapped a nine game winless streak with their victory over Army this week.

On Friday night, the Pirates head up to Boston University to face a Terrier squad that is 1-2 so far on the season and 0-1 on their home pitch

The Terriers are led by senior Stephen Knox, who already has two goals and two assists this season after only scoring one goal last season.

The Hall will also have their hands full with senior Ben Berube.

Berube finished last season tied for second in the America East Conference with 8 goals, one of which he scored against the Pirates.

He also finished first in shots with 3.65 per game and third in points with 21.

Berube's breakout year earned him First Team All-America East honors and he was named the 2010 America East's Fan's Choice Player of the Year.

He was a pivotal part in the Terriers' America East conference title as he posted a conference best 12 points in league play and scored five game winning goals on the year.

Last season, Seton Hall was defeated 3-1 by Boston in their only meeting of the season.

Following Friday's matchup, the Pirates will come home to face the St. Peter's Peacocks on Monday evening at Owen T. Carroll Field.

The Peacocks' loan goal scorer this season is senior Harry Newman, who is looking to finish another successful season in the MAAC after last year's campaign.

Newman, a junior college transfer from London, England, was a key component of a St. Peter's team that finished at the top of the MAAC in 2010. His eight goals were a team high and he was also second on the team with 22 points.

The Peacocks will also be looking for senior Kevin Olson to continue improving.

Olson scored the first two goals of his career last year. He was one of the only players on the team to play in all of the team's 20 games.

Though the Peacocks finished 13-6-1 last season, they have struggled to win this year so far, posting an 0-3 record and having a goal differential of minus four.

St. Peter's lost a chunk of their scoring from last season as Lebo Pila and Mauricio Jimenez, who combined for 13 goals, have graduated.

Last season, the Peacocks finished with a 7-5-1 record in road games and lost their only match against Seton Hall by a score of 1-0.

After the Pirates' game against Delaware last week, head coach Manny Schellscheidt noted that his team played well despite the draw.

The coach also added that he hoped the home game against Delaware was "the first of many" games in which the team would play with fast pace and grit.

The matchup against Boston University is set to kick off at 7 p.m. on Friday night while the St. Peter's matchup will start at 7 p.m. on Monday night.

John Lopiano can be reached at john.lopiano@student.shu.edu