Involvement Fair offers opportunities for students to succeed on-campus

In the four or more years that many of us will spend at this University, or in any university for that matter, we will continuously be given advice. This advice will come from our families, friends, professors and from people from all different walks of life. We will be told to make friends, to study hard, and almost always, most importantly, be told to get involved.

As a sophomore at Seton Hall and with a year under my belt, I find myself giving that same advice. In your time as a Pirate, you must take advantage of the resources this University provides you with. One of which being the involvement fair.

A year ago, when I began my time here at the Hall, I found myself eager to get involved. The issue then was not finding the motivation, but rather finding the resources in which to do so. Seton Hall students are lucky, in that our University consistently gives us the chance to succeed. In looking back at my first year experience, I succeeded, in part, because of the involvement fair.

As a freshman, the involvement fair not only served as a place for unlimited possibilities but also a place of first impressions. I utilized that day to get information, sign up for as much as I could, and formally introduce myself to those who would help me in my time at Seton Hall.

Now, a year later, as a Peer Adviser, Setonian Editor Editor, WSOU Assistant Producer and News Caster, and a club President, I can say that the involvement fair did its job. In turn, I as well, did mine. That first year in college, I made friends, studied hard, got involved, and it made all the difference. For the next three years, I will continue to do the same and forever be grateful for the opportunities that I have been given here.

These years are dubbed as the best time of our lives and unfortunately, will go quickly and come to an end as all things must do. The goal then is to make the most out of the little time we have here and cease the opportunities that we are given. Thus, cease the opportunities that arise from the involvement fair. Whether you are a freshman, sophomore or an upperclassman, it can make all the difference.

Ashley Duvall is a sophomore, journalism major, from Vernon, NJ. She can be reached at Ashley.duvall@student.shu.edu.