Students urged to follow University instructions regarding hurricane Irene

Seton Hall students are urged to comply with the University's hurricane preparedness measures.

The various measures, including closing campus on Sunday, distributing hurricane food packs, and briefing student leaders on campus are all clearly intended to reduce panic and help ensure the members of the Seton Hall community are safe.

The Setonian asks students to comply with University directives as hurricane Irene approaches. Make sure you pick up the food packs that will be distributed by Gourmet Dining Services in the Caf Saturday afternoon. Leaving your residence hall in search of food during the storm will be unsafe.

Take shelter in your residence halls. If you are a student who lives off-campus or in non-Seton Hall housing and you feel unsafe, take advantage of the opportunity to take shelter on campus.

Please make sure you keep lines of communication between yourself and the University open as updates will be distributed via WSOU 89.5 FM, the Seton Hall website and PirateAlert. If you have not yet registered for the PirateAlert system or have changed your cell phone number, follow the instructions here.

The Setonian commends University officials, particularly those in Student Affairs and the Department of Public Safety for implementing measures intended to protect students and other members of the community and for distributing the emergency preparation plans with advanced notice.