Transformer fire causes Turrell evacuation

Turrell Manor residents were evacuated from the residence hall building this evening due to a transformer fire around 10:20 p.m.

According to Brian Hughes, Turrell’s residence hall director, a power surge caused a transformer fire which occurred in the Turrell parking lot.

Hughes said the fire has been extinguished, but Turrell residents would not be allowed back inside until PSE&G arrived.

Residents were allowed to re-enter the building at 10:43 p.m.

Stay with The Setonian.com for more updates about this breaking news story.

Brenden Higashi can be reached at brenden.higashi@student.shu.edu.

Jessica Sutcliffe can be reached at jessica.sutcliffe@student.shu.edu.

Author: Staff Writer

Share This Post On

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This