Setting the stage at the New Meadowlands

The annual Bamboozle music festival will be held from April 29 through May 1 at the Meadowlands Sports Complex in East Rutherford. The three-day event features major headlining musicians and unsigned bands from various genres from pop to hip hop and rock.

On Friday, Bamboozle's lineup includes 30 Seconds to Mars, LMFAO, New Found Glory (featuring Marky Ramone), Mayday Parade and Woodbridge, N.J.'s Audio Insight.

Saturday performances include bands such as Taking Back Sunday, The Gaslight Anthem, Dashboard Confessional, New Found Glory and Plain White T's.

On Sunday, Lil Wayne, A Day to Remember, Mötley Crüe and Bruno Mars will be performing alongside bands such as Man Overboard, We the Kings, Chiddy Bang and Senses Fail.

Junior Annie Cassone said she has a three day pass to Bamboozle and looks forward to the festival's diverse group of musicians.

"I like hip-hop, so I am definitely excited about seeing Lil Wayne, New Boyz, Wiz Khalifa, Chiddy Bang, LMFAO, Bruno Mars. As far as bands go, I'm excited to see Dashboard Confessional, Taking Back Sunday, Newfound Glory, Man Overboard and A Day To Remember," Cassone said.

Bamboozle offers fans a chance to explore new bands and musical genres, possibly showcasing the next Lady Gaga or Lil Wayne.

"I'm excited to see the bands whose songs I know, but I'm also excited to see other bands that I don't really know about and maybe find some new bands that I like," Cassone said. "I've never been to bamboozle before, and I am going with my boyfriend and with a friend. I'm excited to see what it's like with all the different stages and bands playing."

Junior Derek Martinez is excited to attend his first Bamboozle this year, since his friend's band, River City Extension from Toms River, N.J. will be playing on Friday. He hopes to watch his friend play from the backstage area.

Martinez explained River Extension is on XOXO Records, along with N.J. rockers Gaslight Anthem, and are a blend of folk and rock.

"They're the real reason I'm going to Bamboozle, anyway. 30 Seconds to Mars is just an added plus," said Martinez.

The festival will take place in rain or shine. There will be food and drink venues available at the event.

For those traveling from different states, the Bamboozle website says "Hotel rooms are going fast and sleeping on the parking lot pavement is bad for your back!" and suggests staying at one of the nearby hotels for the weekend.

For more information or to buy tickets visit thebamboozle.com.

Patrice Kubik can be reached at patrice.kubik@student.shu.edu.