Mobley signs with Hall

Men's basketball head coach Kevin Willard added his sixth player from the Class of 2011 on Wednesday with the verbal commit of Brandon Mobley, a 6-foot-9 combo forward out of St. John's Northwestern Military Academy in Delafield, Wis., as reported by zagsblog.com.

Mobley, originally from Savannah, Ga., is a 20-year-old postgraduate who averaged 20 points, eight rebounds and three blocks last season for St. John's Military and can play both small and power forward.

"He's a wonderful face-up four, big-time, big-time scorer from the four spot," Brian Clayton, assistant coach at St. John's Military, said to Adam Zagoria. "If I got a smaller three, take him to the post. If I have a bigger guy, step out and shoot the ball, take him off the dribble."

Being the oldest amongst fellow recruits Aaron Cosby, Haralds Karlis, Freddie Wilson, Sean Grennan and Isaiah Hill, Mobley will add maturity to Willard's class with his decision to be a Pirate next season, picking Seton Hall over DePaul, Auburn and Memphis according toZzagsblog.com.

"It [Seton Hall] was in the Big East," he said to Zagoria by phone. "The school only has 5,000 kids so it's not a very large class size. There's god student-to-teacher contact."

Mobley utilizes his athletic 215-pound frame to battle down low in the paint and also play off the dribble on the perimeter, noting that he tries to "be a Lamar Odom type player."

Matt Bryant can be reached at mattew.bryant@student.shu.edu.