Summer construction for Xavier

The tri-level of Xavier will be closed this summer for renovation work, according to Michael Marconi, project manager for Facilities Engineering.

Marconi said construction would take place on the tri-level from May 18 to mid-August, and it would be similar to the work done on Cabrini last summer. “Work at Cabrini last summer included the renovation of all bathrooms, interior painting, roof replacement and caulking of the exterior building,” Marconi said. “The work at Xavier tri-level will be similar.” According to Marconi, there have been construction updates on other dorm buildings in previous summers. Xavier was next in line for renovations. “Students who will be occupying the tri-level portion of Xavier will be returning to newly renovated bathrooms and freshly painted rooms,” Marconi said. Sarah DiBiase, residence hall director for Xavier, said she was enthusiastic about the upcoming renovations to the Xavier tri-level floors. “Any improvements to the halls will greatly enhance our resident student experience at Seton Hall,” she said. Sophomore Chris Darby wondered why the tower, where he currently lives, was not being renovated as well. Junior Tom Hickey, who has lived in a room in the Xavier tri-level since his sophomore year, said renovations to the tri-level would be good since things in those specific rooms seemed to break a lot. He added this was the case especially in the bathrooms. Caitlin Carroll can be reached at caitlin.carroll@student.shu.edu.