Pirates lead Rutgers 32-26 at halftime in Big East Tournament

Despite not scoring a basket in the first six minutes of the game the Pirates lead the Rutgers Scarlet Knights 32-26 at half time in the first round matchup at the Big East Tournament.

Senior Jeremy Hazell leads all scorers at the half with 12 points with junior Jordan Theodore adding seven points. Senior guard Eniel Polynice is the leading rebounder with seven.

Rutgers started the game on a 9-0, capped off by sophomore Austin Johnson converting a three point play after a foul by Pirate freshman Fuquan Edwin.

At the 13:37 mark Theodore scored the first basket for the Hall on a driving layup on a fast break.

Theodore's basket started a 10-1 run by the Pirates that tied the game with 10:41 remaining in the first half after Hazell finished made a layup and ensuing free throw evening the score at 10-10.

With the game tied the Scarlet Knights took the lead once again with freshman Gilvydas Biruta getting an inside basket. Rutgers would extend to five.

Down 18-14, Hazell made a three point basket cutting the lead down to one. Junior Herb Pope gave the Hall their first lead of the game with 6:38 remaining in the half with a jumper.

The score would get to 22-21 in favor of the Pirate when Hazell made a three point basket behind the NBA three point line starting a 7-0 run.

Rutgers stopped the run with a three point basket from senior Mike Coburn, only to have Theodore respond with his own on the following possession.

Coburn scored with 46 seconds left in the half to cut the Hall's lead to 32-26.

Check back later for the full game recap