“Strong smell” of gas leads to Boland evacuation

A “strong smell” of natural gas led to an evacuation of Boland Hall around 2:10 p.m. today, according to an e-mail sent to building residents.

Members of the Housing and Residence Life staff, with Public Safety, pulled the fire alarm to clear the building.

The smell was detected on the first floor of the south side of the building, according to the e-mail.

The e-mail adds that many residents “failed” to exit Boland Hall in under three minutes – the fire department’s requirement – and that they are subject to “meet with an administrator for a judicial hearing.”

No injuries were reported and residents were able to re-enter the building this afternoon.

Brian Wisowaty can be reached at brian.wisowaty@student.shu.edu.

Author: Staff Writer

Share This Post On

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This