Faculty understanding a focus in Blackboard online sessions

The Teaching, Learning and Technology Center launched Blackboard Voice, a new feature that will help the Seton Hall community learn about Blackboard, on Feb. 8 at 10 a.m.

The center has monthly real-time online sessions every Tuesday to discuss different Blackboard features including upcoming Blackboard events and specific Blackboard features.

"Blackboard Voice is a new initiative to better integrate the best use of the University's mission critical software," Amy Phillips, the Learning Systems manager at TLTC, said. "We want to show faculty how it can best be used to help them and students achieve their academic goals and objectives."

The target audience for Blackboard Voice is the faculty at Seton Hall to make sure they understand how it can be used in and out of the classroom.

"Our first Blackboard voice call will be focused on faculty. Based on the feedback we receive we will plan a similar initiative for students, but probably focused on many different technologies that the University offers, not just Blackboard," Phillips said.

According to Phillips, the sessions on Blackboard consist of discussing the maintenance calendar, the Blackboard roadmap of future functionality and a guest faculty member showing an innovation they created using the Blackboard learning system.

The center plans to open the Blackboard community forums where the Seton Hall community can share ideas and opinions so TLTC can obtain feedback about the Blackboard system.

"We also want to hear what is not working quite so well and offer solutions to the problems that faculty are having," Phillips said.

In order to attend a Blackboard Voice session, those interested can register online at https://setonhall.webex.com.

For more information, contact Amy Phillips at amy.phillips@shu.edu.

Kelly Carroll can be reached at kelly.carroll@student.shu.edu.