And the Grammy goes to: Best New Artist

Of all the competing categories in the Grammy Awards, it is Best New Artist that is the most highly anticipated—and controversial.

In the running for this award are Justin Bieber, Drake, Florence and the Machine, Mumford and Sons and Esperanza Spalding.

But the biggest competitors seem to be Justin Bieber and Drake.

Justin Bieber's "Baby" and Drake's "Best I Ever Had" are major hits that have garnered worldwide recognition.

The two artists are global superstars and fan favorites, making the running difficult for their competitors. These two explosive artists can be found in seemingly every magazine, tabloid and website.

It is going to be a tough competition but, due to their popularity, it looks like one of these stars will be taking home the shiny gold trophy.

Although the other artists in the running—Florence and the Machine, Esperanza Spalding and Mumford and Sons—are not as well known as the other contestants, they are not completely out of the running and there is still a chance they will prevail.

The contestants are all very different artists playing music on all sides of the spectrum. These five new artists are a few days away from finding out if they are the winners of one of the largest awards in the music world.

Esperanza Spalding has the jazz world at her feet, but will it be enough to top Drake and Bieber's vast popularity?

The outcome, however, hopes to give us the answer to the real question on everyone's mind: will the Bieber fever continue to infect us this winter or will another lucky contestant take the crown?

Natalie Negrotti can be reached at natalie.negrotti@student.shu.edu.