Pirates lose second straight

The Seton Hall Men's Basketball team lost 73-54 to the Louisville Cardinals on Wednesday night at the KFC Yum! Center in Louisville.

Freshman Fuquan Edwin scored a game-high and career-high 18 points and tied his career high with nine rebounds, but the Pirates came out cold from the field, making just one of their first 14 shots while falling behind 24-2 in the process.

The Pirates outscored the Cardinals, who were playing their first Big East game of the year, 19-12 to end the first half and cut the deficit to 15, 36-21 at halftime. But Louisville opened the second half on a 15-7 run, taking a 51-28 lead at the 12:57 mark and never looking back from there.

Senior Jeff Robinson scored 14 points, while junior Herb Pope scored seven points to go along with six rebounds. Senior Keon Lawrence had two points on just 1-7 shooting, but added six assists in the contest.

The lead was 28 points for the Cardinals when Edwin outscored Louisville 11-2 in a four-minute span midway through the second half, but it was not enough as the Pirates fell to 1-2 in the Big East and 7-8 overall on the season.

The Pirates shot just 22.6 percent in the first half and 29 percent for the game, including a 6-26 mark from beyond the three point arc. The Cardinals shot 48 percent for the game and out-rebounded the Pirates 46-35.

Seton Hall returns to action on Saturday when they host the Syracuse Orange at Prudential Center. Tip off is set for 12 noon.