Small fire leads to evacuation of Mooney Hall

Scroll down for video.

Mooney Hall was evacuated early Tuesday evening after a heater caused a small fire, according to a firefighter on the scene from the South Orange Fire Department.

An eyewitness added that a “faint amount” of smoke was detected which prompted the evacuation.

The evacuation was around 8:20 p.m.

Mooney Hall, which houses the Department of Freshman Studies, is situated on the Green next to Presidents’ Hall.

Executive Editor Tim LeCras contributed to this report.

Brian Wisowaty can be reached at brian.wisowaty@student.shu.edu.

Author: Staff Writer

Share This Post On

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This