Satisfy your sweet tooth: Caf Rice Krispies Treats

As the school year progresses, you may find that your work load continues to pile up, while your free time to hang out with friends in the dining hall continues to dwindle.

However, there is a way for you to recapture the glory days of carefree, cafeteria fun. Look no further than the cereal section for inspiration.

The Rice Krispies Treat is a simple and easy childhood dessert that can help bring back simpler times.

Snap, crackle and pop: the sound of that sweet and slightly sticky childhood favorite is both easy and satisfying to make in the cafeteria or your dorm.

Unlike the batches you make at home, this recipe will make enough just for you and all the ingredients can easily be found in the dining hall.

Ingredients:

- 1 cup Rice Krispies

- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows

- 3/4 teaspoon butter

Directions:

Place the marshmallows and butter in a medium bowl and microwave for about 20 seconds on HIGH. The marshmallows may rise.

Then take the bowl out of the microwave and stir in the cereal, making sure that the cereal is completely coated in marshmallow.

Let the mixture cool then enjoy!

This is a sure way to capture any sense of nostalgia for the days when your desk wasn't crammed with Post-Its and to-do lists.

And while it won't make your work disappear, it will at least satisfy your cravings for something a little sweet.

Elizabeth Molina can be reached at elizabeth.molina@student.shu.edu.