Willard inks two more recruits

The Pirates got their first 2010 commitment from Aaron Cosby, a 6-foot-2-inch combo guard from Northfield Mount Hermon in Massachusetts, according to Zagsblog.com.

Choosing Seton Hall over Boston College, Indiana, Providence, Northwestern, Marshall, Western Kentucky and St. Louis, Crosby originally from Louisville, Ky., played his prep ball in Massachusetts, and averaged 11 points per game, seven rebounds per game and five assists per game.

"Yes, it was a comfortability with the coaches," Cosby said by phone to Zagsblog.com. "I built a relationship with the coaches. They recruited me the hardest these last three months. Coach [Kevin] Willard and coach [Dan] McHale have been seeing me since I was a freshman in Louisville."

Newly assigned assistant coach Shaheen Holloway was a big part in the decision for Cosby according to the report..

"We had some conversations today," Cosby said of Holloway in the Zagsblog post. "My family loved it and I loved it, too. I'll be a combo guard. With him being a great guard, I know he'll be able to mentor me and help me every step of the way."

In addition to Cosby taking the first of six available for the 2011 recruiting class, the Pirates have also added Eniel Polynice to the roster for the upcoming season.

"I decided to pick Seton Hall because of the coaching staff," Polynice said Wednesday by phone to Zagsblog.com.

Polynice, a 6-foot-6-inch wing player, transferred from Ole Miss and will be able to dress immediately for the Pirates since Seton Hall has a graduate program in communications while the University of Mississippi does not.

Last season for the Rebels, Polynice averaged 8.8 points per game, 4.1 rebounds and led the team with 3.9 assists while playing just under 25 minutes a game.

Polynice joins recruits Fuquan Edwin, Aanali Okoloji, and Patrick Auda as newcomers to a team that is returning Jordan Theodore, Jeremy Hazell, Jeff Robinson, and possibly the 2009-2010 Big East leading rebounder Herb Pope, if he is able to recover after collapsing earlier in the offseason.

Stephen Valenti can be reached at stephen.valenti@student.shu.edu.