Friars hand Pirates sixth straight loss

The women's basketball team lost their sixth straight game on Saturday when they fell to the Friars at Providence, 75-61. The Pirates are still seeking their first win in Big East play.

Sophomore forward Kandice Green led the Hall with a career high 24 points and 19 rebounds, and senior forward Nicole Emery added a season high 22 points.

Early on, the Pirates were leading by four, 6-2, before the Friars got a pair of three-pointers from Brittany Dorsey and Marandola. The Hall answered with consecutive short jumpers from Emery.

Providence then went on an 8-0 run courtesy of a four point play from Marandola with 10 minutes left in the half making the score 16-10.

Ashley booker tied the game at 20 on a fast break but the Friars answered with a barrage of three pointers from Trinity Hull, Chandler McCabe, and Marandola, making the score 40-25 going into the second half.

The Friars began to pull away in the second half after Green put the Pirates within 13 points at the 16 minutes mark.

Providence extended their lead to 18 thanks to a three point play from Symone Roberts that made the score 53-35 with 12 minutes to play.

After freshman guard Brittany Morris hit a three pointer to get the Hall within 12 at the eight minute mark they never came closer to retaking the lead.

Providence's Dorsey answered with a three pointer of her own, and after back to back rebounds, the Pirates were not able to catch up.

Seton Hall shot below 50 percent from the floor and beyond the arc, and were out rebounded by the Friars, 75 to 46.

The Pirates play next on Tuesday when the host DePaul at Walsh Gymnasium.