Edwin on board for 2010

The Paterson Catholic connection between Fuquan Edwin and sophomore guard Jordan Theodore can soon continue at the collegiate level.
Edwin signed on to become the first member of head coach Bobby Gonzalez's 2010 recruiting class last week, choosing the Hall over Providence according to several local media sources.

The six-foot-six-inch forward is entering his senior season at Paterson Catholic, the defending Passaic County champions, and had played with Theodore during his (Edwin's) underclassman years.

"Position wise, I'm going to be a two/three, and I'm going to pick up right after Jeremy Hazell," Edwin said in an interview on Zagsblog.com.

Edwin, nicknamed "The Finisher" by local recruiting media, averaged 15.5 points per game last season.

Brian Wisowaty can be reached at brian.wisowaty@student.shu.edu.

UPDATE:

Edwin signed a national letter of intent to attend and play basketball at Seton Hall University on Nov. 13.

He is the 77th ranked prospect in the Hoop-Scoops Top-100. ESPN has him ranked the 23rd best small forward in the country.

Last season at Paterson Catholic, he averaged 16 points and eight reboounds per game.

According to the Associated Press, Gonzalez called him "a very talented, multiposition player that will fit perfectly" in the Seton Hall system.

Tim LeCras can be reached at timothy.lecras@student.shu.edu.